Today, April 22nd is Earth Day 2012. Happy Earth Day to you! and God Bless you all.
On this Earth Day, make a resolution to start a new sustainable habit. Here are some great options:
- Buy less plastic (it takes forever to break down in the landfill.)
- Choose products that are locally made (to support your local economy and culture.)
- Learn how to make natural foods (like sauerkraut, kefir, and fermented pickles.)
- Choose organic over conventional.
- Evaluate and decide on products that do not off-gas (carpet, cabinets, paints, etc).
- Reuse rather than throw away and buy new.
- Find a way to use less water.
The best way to celebrate Earth Day is to talk to your family. A good exercise to raise awareness is to make a list of the items that are brought into the home and the items that are taken away. How much is going to the landfill? How much is supporting the local economy? How much is encouraging a healthy natural ecosystem? What percentage of food is wholesome?
Become aware. Step outside. Have a great Earth Day!